Monday, January 09, 2006

Baby Got Back (what's on the bum)...



Lots of people ask my moms how it's going with the cloth diapers. Few topics have engendered more inquiries and (sometimes) ridicule and dubious whispers than what's on my tushie. I'm here to say it's going really well and we're all pretty happy with it. I mean, you don't wear plastic underwear all the time (or if you do, I, Gus, don't want to know about it)- and I don't really want to either. Of course I can deal with a little Huggies action on the backside when I'm out and about, and it may become necessary to do disposables during the day when I go off to daycare, but for just hanging around the house I prefer fabric-y softness of cloth. No it's not alot more work for the moms- just a "small" size load of laundry every 3rd day or so. And washing my favorite wool covers once a week or so. No special laundering techniques. No toilet dunking. No pins. And a little extra testimonial- when I was in those disposables at the hospital and the first couple of days home, I had diaper rash. Imagine, you've made your earthly debut and are ready to knock their socks off and then, pow, you're hit with a nasty case of the red blotchies in the nether regions. It just takes the wind right out of your sails. Anyway, after I switched to cloth, no more diaper rash... Coincidence? I think not...

No comments:

 
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED- ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT COPYRIGHTED AND MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED OR USED WITHOUT PERMISSION