Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Prognosis Positive

So last night I decided that I needed a change of pace, needed to freak out my moms, and spend some time out of the house. So I started spitting up [alert- do not read on if you are sensitive to vomit-related information] streaks of brown stuff in my usually white, pretty normal baby spit-ups. Of course I did it after the ped's office was closed, so they sent me to the emergency room. It apparently wasn't bothering me at all, because I was laughing and giggling when the the triage nurse saw me, so of course I was triaged to the "not-at-all-urgent" category and it took forever to be seen. Uncle Mike and Uncle Dennis stopped by to keep us company, and we had a great time listening to all of the psychiatric cases in the ER. They took some blood, which I did not find fun, and then I got to hang out with a Hep lock (IV line) hanging out of my hand-- my favorite hand to suck on, nonetheless. The blood work was fine, they couldn't find anything wrong with me, so they sent me home and I headed back to the ped's this afternoon for another checkup. They can't figure it out, but don't think it looks like anything serious right now. So although it's been a hectic 24 hours, everything seems to be okay. Muchisimas gracias to Uncle Mike and Uncle Dennis, who stayed up way past their bedtime to make sure I was okay.

On the daycare end, we are thinking au pair . . . we have one more interview of a "daycare lady" on Friday, but it is looking more and more on the au pair side. Oh well, I'm going to go watch the Amazing Race because they are in Thailand, and I want to see what I'm in for next month...

No comments:

 
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED- ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT COPYRIGHTED AND MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED OR USED WITHOUT PERMISSION