Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Important-Man's Day

Happy father's day to one and all!
althought his year I am quite small
I'm sure that it will not be far off
til some folks think of me and scoff:
"but Gus, aren't you so sad?
it's father's day and you've no dad"

I have no dad - that's okay though,
I have two moms who love me so.

And I think it would be really sweet
to recognize men who make my life complete
on this, my first "father's day"
so this is what I want to say:

To my uncles, ross, todd and scott
you know I love you all alot.
I have a wonderful poppy too,
He's kind and warm (and 82)
that guy Bob, a good grandpa and such,
even though I dont see him all that much.
And rj, sean and rick my friends
your funny antics never end
I'm glad you go where Nonna goes
and glad you keep her on her toes.
Uncle Mike and Uncle Dennis, too
Without you I dont know what I'd do
you've been there from the very start
I love you both with all my heart.

So as you can see from what I say
I'm not lacking on this father's day.
Some folks have dads and some do not
I'm happy with the guys I've got
They carry me, they teach me things
and encourage me - help give me wings
and help as I grow into a little man
they give me hugs and hold my hand

I love them and they love me
And that's the way it's meant to be!

No comments:

 
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED- ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT COPYRIGHTED AND MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED OR USED WITHOUT PERMISSION