Wednesday, February 22, 2006

9 weeks old and already social security problems


That is what I think of the Social Security Administration- specifically the local office my mommy and I went to this morning. This was our second trip to Social Security to try to get a number for me. The hospital messed up my paperwork when I was born and sent all my info to vital records with the wrong last name and wrong address. So now I am in the Social Security system with the wrong last name, and my birth certificate (with my correct name) is not enough proof of my identity- actually the 1st time we went the SS man told my mommy that the birth certificate was only proof that I was born not proof that I was still alive... Today they told my mommy that 1) the reason the hospital got my name wrong was because my mommy was not married at the time of my birth, and 2) they will need paperwork showing why my name changed- the only problem is - I DIDN'T CHANGE MY NAME!!! I am learning the pains of bureaucracy so young :( Posted by Picasa

No comments:

 
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED- ALL PHOTOS AND TEXT COPYRIGHTED AND MAY NOT BE DUPLICATED OR USED WITHOUT PERMISSION